The Germans are here to play again!
Me: wie alt bist du?
Nils: $@%
Me: again?
Nills: kaksikymmentäkolme
HAHA! Failed to understand the German answer. Finnish language would be a better choice though.
Dinner for the day:
Cream of wheat
I think it is called mannapuuro in Finnish and Semolina Pudding in English.
It tastes so much better than i expected it to be.. As you know, wheat doesn't have much taste. But surprisingly, this taste good.
Recipe: 10 tablespoon of wheat, 3-4 tablespoon of sugar, a little salt, half litre of milk
Warm the milk, add in the wheat and salt and add sugar.
Simple isn't it?
Our ingredients:

We do not have any can opener in our apartment. Asked around but couldn't find it. Nils went out and came back shortly with the can opener. I was so shock because the shops are so far away.
Nils: i found it on the floor.
Me: Really?
Nils: yeah
Me: how can it be?
Nils: Actually, i have a friend living around this area. I called him and he got a can opener. So he threw it out of the window. And i picked it up from the ground.
Finally, eat it with a peach.
Well, Nadine eats it with lots of cinnamon powder. But Nils think it doesn't taste good. I tasted both. Not much difference for me actually.
Well, it doesn't look really good. But it tasted really really good!!
Not filling though...think i will need few more bowls of it.
Next, Nils made the Glühwein.
Glühwein is like mulled wine. All German drinks that.
Red wine + cinnamon + lemon + sugar + orange juice.
He just add any amount he wants. Somehow, the taste would be out in a while.

We went out to the snow while waiting for the Glühwein to be ready for consumption.
**Snowball Fight**
Not exactly the condition for snowball fight as the snow is not wet enough. But manageable.
"Attack"
3 girls against Nils
Nils dropped his cap. And FR put snow in it.. haha!
It is really fun but tiring.. I felt like i used all my energy and i am so dead.
Who cares if it is cold. I just wanna lie down in the snow.
Totally exhausted.
**Back in the house**
We got ice all over our jackets and pants... and i am so tired!!
Glühwein is ready!
It takes a while to get used to the taste i think.
But it is very good because it is very warm.
I haven't even finish a cup and I'm burning.
First he showed us the Achmed video. I watched this before actually. Bev showed it to me once.
Nils then showed us some metal band videos.
How to make metal:
Telling you ways that metal people behave. All in German. But Nils and Nadine translated it to us sentence by sentence.
About ways metal behave i think. Can't really remember since i'm supposed to be drunk.
Wacken is a small town in Germany where all the metal band gather there once a year for a metal band festival.
There are only 500 inhabitants in Wacken. So actually the metal bands that gathered here yearly are more than the citizens itself. The supermarket is so small that the metal people have to queue up for more than an hour just to get it. It is really crazy. There are videos of the citizens sitting by the side, observing the way metal people behave. Interesting huh...wanted to put the videos up but i'm too lazy to find them.
I accidentally stained my jeans with the red wine. Hope it can be washed off!
Me: wie alt bist du?
Nils: $@%
Me: again?
Nills: kaksikymmentäkolme
HAHA! Failed to understand the German answer. Finnish language would be a better choice though.
Dinner for the day:
Cream of wheat
I think it is called mannapuuro in Finnish and Semolina Pudding in English.
It tastes so much better than i expected it to be.. As you know, wheat doesn't have much taste. But surprisingly, this taste good.
Recipe: 10 tablespoon of wheat, 3-4 tablespoon of sugar, a little salt, half litre of milk
Warm the milk, add in the wheat and salt and add sugar.
Simple isn't it?
Our ingredients:


We do not have any can opener in our apartment. Asked around but couldn't find it. Nils went out and came back shortly with the can opener. I was so shock because the shops are so far away.Nils: i found it on the floor.
Me: Really?
Nils: yeah
Me: how can it be?
Nils: Actually, i have a friend living around this area. I called him and he got a can opener. So he threw it out of the window. And i picked it up from the ground.
Finally, eat it with a peach.Well, Nadine eats it with lots of cinnamon powder. But Nils think it doesn't taste good. I tasted both. Not much difference for me actually.
Well, it doesn't look really good. But it tasted really really good!!Not filling though...think i will need few more bowls of it.
Next, Nils made the Glühwein.
Glühwein is like mulled wine. All German drinks that.
Red wine + cinnamon + lemon + sugar + orange juice.
He just add any amount he wants. Somehow, the taste would be out in a while.

We went out to the snow while waiting for the Glühwein to be ready for consumption.
**Snowball Fight**
Not exactly the condition for snowball fight as the snow is not wet enough. But manageable.
"Attack"
3 girls against NilsNils dropped his cap. And FR put snow in it.. haha!
It is really fun but tiring.. I felt like i used all my energy and i am so dead.
Who cares if it is cold. I just wanna lie down in the snow.
Totally exhausted.
**Back in the house**
We got ice all over our jackets and pants... and i am so tired!!
Glühwein is ready!
It takes a while to get used to the taste i think.
But it is very good because it is very warm.
I haven't even finish a cup and I'm burning.
First he showed us the Achmed video. I watched this before actually. Bev showed it to me once.
Nils then showed us some metal band videos.
How to make metal:
Telling you ways that metal people behave. All in German. But Nils and Nadine translated it to us sentence by sentence.
About ways metal behave i think. Can't really remember since i'm supposed to be drunk.
Wacken is a small town in Germany where all the metal band gather there once a year for a metal band festival.
There are only 500 inhabitants in Wacken. So actually the metal bands that gathered here yearly are more than the citizens itself. The supermarket is so small that the metal people have to queue up for more than an hour just to get it. It is really crazy. There are videos of the citizens sitting by the side, observing the way metal people behave. Interesting huh...wanted to put the videos up but i'm too lazy to find them.
I accidentally stained my jeans with the red wine. Hope it can be washed off!

No comments:
Post a Comment